Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Berry Quinoa Spinach Salad with Maple Vinagrette

berryquinoasalad_1veganfling


berryquinoasalad_2veganfling



berryquinoasalad_3veganfling


We've been getting tons of snow here in Colorado recently, and I've decided that even though I know it's great for our dry summers, I'm totally over it. I have started listening to reggae music and pretending I'm on a tropical vacation. The other day for lunch I was craving something fresh and summery. I had all these berries in my fridge, and so this salad was born.

berryquinoasalad_4veganfling



Berry Quinoa Spinach Salad
Fresh baby spinach
cooked quinoa
edamame
corn kernals
stawberries, or other berry of your choice

Maple Vinagrette Dressing
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
squeeze of lemon juice


This is more of a "salad idea" than a real recipe - so feel free to mix in whatever you'd like! I started with a bed of baby spianch, and topped with it cooked quinoa mixed with edamame and corn, and then some sliced berries. To make the vinagrette, whisk together all the ingredients and chill until ready to serve.


berryquinoasalad_6veganfling



berryquinoasalad_5veganfling

Any one else ready for spring to arrive?

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Wow this is a pretty quinoa salad :) Love the strawberries in there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This looks delicious. Berries with a maple vinaigrette sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is PERFECT! like you, when the weather gets super cold, i tend to make "warm weather" meals. this looks so healthy and summery. a great way to pretend it's warm out ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I agree - I can't wait for it to be warm!

      Delete
  4. I love how fresh and tasty this salad looks! Perfect for spring! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I am totally missing summer berries at the moment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...