Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Applesauce Oatmeal Cherry Mini Loaves

oatmealminiloaves1_veganfling

My Mom got me a mini loaf pan for Christmas, and I decided this weekend was the perfect time to break it in. I am officially hooked on the mini loaves! They came out great and are such fun little two-bite treats. The cherries were a fun addition and complimented the flavor perfectly, but I'm sure other dried fruits or nuts would be just as good in this recipe.

oatmealminiloaves4_veganfling

oatmealminiloaves2_veganfling

Applesauce Oatmeal Cherry Mini Loaves
makes 16 mini loaves, adapted from versatile vegetarian kitchen

1 1/2 C flour
1/2 C rolled oats
1 1/4 C unsweetened applesauce
3/4 C sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 C vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 C dried cherries

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Combine the applesauce, oil, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl and mix well. Add in the oats and stir again.
In another bowl combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Add the flour mixture into the applesauce mixture and stir. Roughly chop the dried cherries into smaller pieces and then stir in to the batter. Spoon into the mini loaf pan and cook for 15 minutes. (If you want to use a regular large loaf pan, cook for 45-55 minutes). Let cool and enjoy!

oatmealminiloaves6_veganfling

oatmealminiloaves3_veganfling

We enjoyed these tasty applesauce and oatmeal loaves over the weekend, and I did give some away to friends, but they were still all gone by this morning. I guess that just means more mini loaf baking will be in my near future! Not that I'm complaining.

oatmealminiloaves5_veganfling


Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

  1. aren't these just darling! i love the addition of cherries rather than raisins, which are often paired with applesauce desserts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like raisins sometimes, but not really that much in baked goods. These cherries were way better in my book!

      Delete
  2. i love everything mini.. how cute and mini are these loaves! the dried cherries would be such a surprise in these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are so cute :) They looks simple to make, a nice weekly recipe I could start making!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a mini loaf pan for Christmas too! Now I have a great recipe to try out with my new pan. Love the addition of cherries!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...