Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mango Banana Bread





This was one of my contributions to Mother's Day brunch. Everyone loved it!


Mango Banana Bread
vegan, adapted from the sweets life
makes 1 loaf

3 medium or 2 large ripe bananas
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 ripe mango, sliced into chunks







Preheat oven to 350F.

Lightly grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan (or 2 mini pans) and set aside.

Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in sugar, oil, and vanilla extract.
Sift in the flour, baking soda, spices, and salt, mixing just until combined. Fold in mango pieces.
Pour batter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle a little brown sugar on top if you'd like.


Bake for 40-45 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing.
I let mine cool for another 30 minutes or so wrapped up in a clean kitchen towel. 

Mango is one of my most favorite fruits, so I really enjoyed this bread. I hope you'll like it too!


8 comments:

  1. This looks so great! I love banana bread and this sounds like such a fun way to mix it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was fun to try something different.

      Delete
  2. wow mango and banana bread !! great idea :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm mango and banana- delish!

    Do you think dried mango would work in this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think so. I would probably cut it into smaller pieces. I might have to try this now!

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, mangoes are delicious and plentiful in my local supermarket and this looks like the perfect excuse to buy some. Delicious! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when there are mangoes everywhere at the store all of a sudden. Hope you like this bread! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...