Friday, March 16, 2012

Chocolate Buttercream Frosting



I made these chocolate avocado cupcakes, but I wasn't sure about the avocado frosting. These were for potluck so I thought maybe chocolate would be the way to go. I compiled from a few different resources to make this recipe.
It tastes delicious!





Overall Grade:
A

Would I make it again?
Yes!


 
Vegan Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
Adapted from The Dainty Squid

2 tbsp vegan margarine
1 1/3 C powdered sugar
1/3 C cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp almond or soy milk





In a medium bowl, soften the vegan margarine. Cream the sugar into the softened margarine using an electric mixer. I did this by slowly adding in the powdered sugar and mixing so it wouldn't make a huge mess everywhere. 
Add in the vanilla extract, cocoa powder, and almond milk. Mix well.

Too thick? Add in more almond milk
Too runny? Add more powdered sugar


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...